OpenSSL Blowfish 17 byte limit on encryption

From: Garrett, Matt M SITI-ITDIEEE
Subject: OpenSSL Blowfish 17 byte limit on encryption
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 14:40:55 +0100

Folks

Some of my key files to be distributed are under 17 bytes which results in the following message
Cannot encrypt files smaller than 17 bytes with OpenSSL/Blowfish (XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX)

Is there any way around this problem apart from turning encryption off.
I am quite happy to have a lower encryption system.

Thanks

Matthew Garrett
Unix System Support
Loirston House, Wellington Road, Altens, Aberdeen AB12 3BH

Tel: +44 (0)1224 81 8373 Other Tel: Internal 630 8373
Email: Matt.M.Garrett@is.shell.com
Internet: http://www.shell.com