Using cfengine on large Mac OS X Network

From: Chris Kacoroski
Subject: Using cfengine on large Mac OS X Network
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 08:56:24 -0800

Hi,

I just started a position where I need to manage 1600+ Mac OS X, 8 Solaris, and 100+ Linux machines. I am trying to convince my manager that cfengine is the solution, but can use some help. if anyone on this list has used cfengine for a large Mac install, I would appreciate any advice they can provide including:

1. how you use it (configuration, security, package installation, OS updates, etc.),
2. what works and what issues you have had,
3. setup hints (including any cfengine config files you can share).

Thanks very much for your help.

cheers,

ski

--
"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it
  connected to the entire universe"                John Muir

Chris "Ski" Kacoroski, ckacoroski@nsd.org, 425-681-0092