/ dir ignored in files

From: Nate Campi
Subject: / dir ignored in files
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 09:10:54 -0800

I have a debian-specific file imported from cfagent.conf, and in that
file I have a nightly check (and fix) for SUID files which are owned by
root:

       debian.Hr02.Min20::

                /
                        filter=rootownedfiles
                        mode=-4000      # no SUID for rootownedfiles
                        recurse=inf
                        action=fixall
                        inform=true
                        ignore=/bin/su
                        ignore=/usr/bin/crontab
                        ignore=/usr/bin/traceroute
                        ignore=/usr/bin/fping
                        ignore=/usr/bin/passwd
                        ignore=/usr/bin/at
                        ignore=/usr/bin/sudo
                        ignore=/usr/lib/pt_chown
                        ignore=/proc
                        ignore=/usr/lib/uml/uml_net
                        ignore=/bin/ping
                        syslog=on

...but for some reason it doesn't run any more, when it used to:

Checking file(s) in /
cfengine:ionosphere: Skipping ignored directory /
Registering root device as 2049

It seemed to break when I split this off from the main cfagent.conf into
the imported file. I have no global ignore directives, so I don't know
where it's getting this.

I'm at a total loss, does anyone have any ideas?
--
Nate