Re: / dir ignored in files

From: Nate Campi
Subject: Re: / dir ignored in files
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 11:05:36 -0800

On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 11:57:17AM -0600, Luke A. Kanies wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Mar 2004, Nate Campi wrote:
>
> > Checking file(s) in /
> > cfengine:ionosphere: Skipping ignored directory /
> > Registering root device as 2049
>
> This doesn't actually mean that it ignored '/'.  I filed this bug with
> Mark recently, but AFAIK it has not yet been fixed.  I don't remember what
> prompts this output, but it is completely unrelated to whether the
> directory is ignored.  Verify that it actually is ignoring the directory,
> because there's a good chance it isn't.  As far as I can tell, you get
> this message for the initial directory of every files action.

You are correct, my problem isn't / being skipped, but output not being
sent from cfexecd. I knew I had that problem already, but thought I'd
found another when I saw this ignore.

I can set every host to echo a string via shellcommands, and only a
couple out of 200 send mail with the output (cfexecd). All output used
to properly mail, and I don't know what's going on, seems output from
some actions just isn't seen by cfexecd and properly diff'd with the
last output :(. I'll look further into this on my own.

Thanks for the help.
--
Nate

"Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest." -
Samuel Clemens