RE: [h-e-w] Taking notes in Emacs

From: Mason, Michael M
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] Taking notes in Emacs
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 14:32:43 -0000

Daniel Hegyi [mailto:address@hidden wrote:

> I like taking notes under Emacs. I often write specific todos and
> step-by-step documentations _for myself_.  I usually just use
> text-mode.  Does anybody else do this and is there a nice package
> that I might find useful?

Yes, I do exactly the same.  I use outline mode, which should already
be installed (it comes with Emacs).  I use local variables in the
file so that the file will open in the correct mode and give me
colourec fonts.  I stick something like this at the end of each file
(the 'eval' makes outline-mode display headers only):-

* Emacs file configuration

  Local Variables:
  mode: outline
  eval: (hide-sublevels 8)