[h-e-w] Info not working when emacs started from Cygwin shell

From: Richard Y. Kim
Subject: [h-e-w] Info not working when emacs started from Cygwin shell
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 10:10:09 -0800

Olivier,

I would recommend that you check the value of
Info-directory-list variable.
This tells "info" where to look for the info files.

Another way to disable ange-ftp is to do

    (setq file-name-handler-alist nil)

Ange-ftp is activated because the name of a file that you
are loading matches one of the regular expressions in
file-name-handler-alist variable.

My guess as to to cause of problem is that your
Info-directory-list has a path of the form
"/address@hidden:/a/b/c" which matches one of the
regexp's in file-name-handler-alist.