[h-e-w] those backup files

From: Sivaram Neelakantan
Subject: [h-e-w] those backup files
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 15:21:30 +0530

Hello,
I'm not sure whether my previous post got through, so I'm posting again.
I'm using Ntemacs 21 to connect to *nix boxes and edit files on them.
Are backup files created on /etc/rc.config directories too or is emacs smart enough
not to do it in those directories. I believe , ALL files are executed when the system boots up and it'd be a little bother if the backups also got executed.
Either way, I haven't tried it for fear of messing up the servers and I'd
like to hear from you people before proceeding. So, how do you turn it
on and off selectively, the backup part?

regards,
Sivaram