Re: [h-e-w] Trouble with fonts

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Trouble with fonts
Date: 15 Jan 2002 19:26:33 +0000

"Robert Praetorius" <address@hidden> writes:

> > Despite reading the Faq, I seem to be unable to use the 'Andale' font
> > AND to have italic faces (that I could see why) but even bold faces (I
> > only have the normal version of the font, used for every face
> > defined...)

You don't get bold faces for the same reason you don't get
italic. Andale Mono does not have bold and italic variations. To use
the synthesized bold and italic versions, set
w32-enable-synthesized-fonts (on 21.x) or w32-enable-italics (on
earlier versions), and use set-face-font to specify the font for the
bold, italic and bold-italic faces.

--
Jason Rumney