Re: [h-e-w] etags problem!

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] etags problem!
Date: 25 Jan 2002 20:42:18 +0000

Yunbiao Wang <address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks for your help!
>
> After I put the quote as you pointed out, I did not
> get any error messages. However, the tags file does
> not contain any tags.
>
> Why!

If you are using the 21.1 version of etags compiled with MSVC using
the new makefiles, it does not expand wildcards. The options are: use
20.7's etags.exe, compile with mingw32 gcc, compile using the old
makefile.nt, or compile using a more recent version of
emacs/nt/nmake.defs from CVS.

--
Jason Rumney