[h-e-w] Emacs 21 problem

From: Uday Reddy
Subject: [h-e-w] Emacs 21 problem
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 22:14:20 +0100

In our department, we have an NT file server running on a Solaris
machine.  When I edit the files on this server using Emacs 21, I often
notice that changes are not getting saved.  If I visit a file, delete
the last couple of lines and save it back, the changes don't get made.
The file size remains the same as what it was before editing.
Sometimes, new additional characters are added and some old ones cut
off etc.  But, the file size is conserved.

This happens without loading my init file.  So, there is no
interaction with any other libraries or packages.  It does not happen
with Emacs 20.6.  So, it is a new problem with Emacs 21.

Any ideas on what to do?  I am copying this to our system manager so
that he can fill in any details about the file server that might be
needed.

Cheers,
Uday Reddy