Re: [h-e-w] I found a way to list the c:/ directory

From: Paul Whitfield
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] I found a way to list the c:/ directory
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 09:26:29 +0800

Dr Francis J. Wright wrote:

From: "Chris McMahan" <address@hidden>
To: "NTEmacs" <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, June 09, 2003 10:52 PM
Subject: [h-e-w] I found a way to list the c:/ directory

For some time I've had an issue with dired and c:/ directory.

Whenever I use an external ls program the c:/ directory would bug out
because the cygwin ls program inserted the following error message in
the directory listing

ls: c:/pagefile.sys: No such file or directory

which caused dired to choke.

I think that's a bug in Cygwin ls, and I thought it was fixed a long time
ago, but I see it's still there.

Just for reference it seems to be fixed in recent releases.

I just tried it and it works for me, both in Cygwin and in emacs
using cygwin ls

Regards
Paul