Re: [h-e-w] Not all files displayed in directory listing

From: bsamek
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Not all files displayed in directory listing
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 09:48:04 -0700 (PDT)

I think your second question may have led me in the right direction. As far as I can tell there is no dir.exe or dir.bat anywhere, and DIRCMD is not set. There seems to be a problem with cmdproxy.exe. The 'shell-file-name' variable is set to emacs-24.2/bin/cmdproxy.exe. Running cmdproxy.exe from the Windows command line drops me into a shell with the same problem, i.e., it won't list some files in C:\Windows\System32. I can't find any docs for cmdproxy.exe. I tried evaluating (setq explicit-shell-file-name "C:/Windows/System32/cmd.exe"), which switched the shell to cmd.exe instead of cmdproxy.exe, but this did not fix the problem.

Brian

On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 12:02 PM, Eli Zaretskii [via Emacs] <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 07:53:33 -0700 (PDT)
> From: bsamek <[hidden email]>
>
> I wish that were true! Here's a fuller listing
> http://i.imgur.com/EGaK3bx.png. It is odd that the time/size don't match.
> But I made sure to 'dir c:\Windows\System32' in both shells before
> requesting a directory listing.

You'd have to investigate what's going on on your system.  Some
directions to look into:

  . do you have some dir.exe or dir.bat somewhere, and could it be
    that it gets invoked in one of the two cases, but not the other?

  . which shell is running in each case? can they be different shells?

  . do you have a DIRCMD variable defined in the environment, and if
    so, could it be affecting only one of the cases?

http://emacs.1067599.n5.nabble.com/Not-all-files-displayed-in-directory-listing-tp284073p284131.html
To unsubscribe from Not all files displayed in directory listing, click here.
NAML

Sent from the Emacs - Windows - Help mailing list archive at Nabble.com.