Re: [h-e-w] Circled X icon/chars on emacs x64 Windows

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Circled X icon/chars on emacs x64 Windows
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2018 17:25:09 +0200

> From: Aditya Nugraha <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2018 21:43:43 +0700
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> As i have mentioned above, the compilation from the sourceforge page
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/emacsbinw64/files/release/ resulting
> the correct icons as being shown on the bottom left of attached screen
> capture (highlighted red box)

These look like ⓐⓀ to me, i.e. U+24D0 and U+24C0.  Can you display
these characters in a buffer (using "C-x 8 RET")?

If I'm right, and these are the above characters, then it is strange
that one Emacs can display it, while the other cannot, on the same
system.  Do you perhaps have some customizations in .emacs or init.el
or other init files, which customize fontsets?

What do you get if you evaluate the following in each version of
Emacs:

  (format-mode-line mode-line-format)

You can evaluate this with "C-u M-:", then the result will be inserted
into the current buffer, and you should be able to click the mouse on
the ellipsis to reveal the hidden parts.