help-gengetopt

Re: [help-gengetopt]why are print_version and print_help defined static

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: [help-gengetopt]why are print_version and print_help defined static
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 14:46:57 +0100

Berthold Höllmann wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Why are print_version and print_help defined static in cmdline.c. I
> would like to use at least print_help from my programm when i.e. a
> given input file can not be found etc.. Why not adding print_version
> and print_help to cmdline.h and remove the static specifier?

You're absolutely right: in the next release they'll be non static so
that they can be called from the program itself; moreover, one of the
next feature, is also to customize, both the help and the version, so
that one can print those information in  GNU standard way.

If you feel like making these modifications (or you have already done),
please mail them to me :-)

cheers
        Lorenzo

|  Lorenzo Bettini          ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     |
|  PhD student in Computer Science                    |
|  Florence - Italy         (Linux User # 158233)     |
|  Home Page        : http://w3.newnet.it/bettini     |
|           http://infostud.dsi.unifi.it/~bettini     |
|  Mail Home        : address@hidden     |
|  Mail University  : address@hidden            |