help-gengetopt

Re: [help-gengetopt] mutually exclusive group of options

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: [help-gengetopt] mutually exclusive group of options
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 12:13:51 +0200

Gyozo Papp wrote:
> nice to hear about the new gengetopt version.
> I kindly ask what's about this groupoption refactoring?

It sounds great. do not misunderstand me!
I don't know if we agreed on a clear solution. Did we?

We were talking about it would be great if groups can be mutually
exclusive and one can define default option(s) from a specfic group as
if it was declaered at the commandline (in case of any other mutually
exlusive option is missing). Something like that?

that's one feature.. then we were discussing of having mutually exclusive groups besides groups of mutually exclusive options.

However, I'll take a look at the previous emails, since I might not remember well due to my seaside holiday ;-)

cheers
        Lorenzo

--
Lorenzo Bettini, PhD in Computer Science, DSI, Univ. di Firenze
ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     (GNU/Linux User # 158233)