Re: [Help-glpk] Database connectivity in MathProg

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Database connectivity in MathProg
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 01:29:13 +0300

> Where do you specify database connectivity?  That is, where to find the
> tables?  (type of database, username, password, schema name if needed,
> or for CSV files the directory they are located in).

It depends on the database driver used, but in any case all necessary
information should be specified in one or more strings following the
keyword IN or OUT. For example:

set s, dimen 2;
param a{(i,j) in s};
param b{(i,j) in s};
table mytbl IN "iODBC" "DRIVER=MySQL;DSN=testdb;UID=testuser;PWD=testpw"
   "SELECT I, J, P, Q FROM FOO WHERE P > 100": s <- [I, J], a ~ P, b ~ Q;

I plan to implement these strings as symbolic expressions, i.e. to make
them computable, in which case all specific information can be carried
out to the data section.

> For "real" databases, can a "table" really be a "view"?

If the driver allows that, yes.