Re: [Help-glpk] Compiling GLPK with VC7 and ODBC support

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Compiling GLPK with VC7 and ODBC support
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 19:26:08 +0400

Xypron,

> ODBC32.DLL is a dynamic link library and supplied with Windows
> implementing the same standardized interface as iODBC or unixODBC do for
> Linux.
> All compilers supported by GLPK (Visual C , Borland C 5.5 and DevC++)
> can compile GLPK with support for ODBC32.DLL. I did this for GLPK-4.27.

MSVC 6.0 does not have odbc.h (just checked that).

The problem is that Windows-native C/C++ compilers have no configure
tool, so I think that by default all non-ISO features should be
disabled, and there should be an instruction how to modify makefile
and config.h to enable such additional features. This concerns ODBC as
well as GMP and zlib.