[Help-glpk] GLPK GUI

From: Patrick Viry
Subject: [Help-glpk] GLPK GUI
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 19:36:52 +0100

Hi,

We were thinking about making a GLPK version of our linear programming GUI, but we're stuck because of missing API features.

Suppose you want to display a graph with the current objective value, then you need either:
- a callback that is called regularly during simplex, so that you can call getObjVal() at appropriate times (the MIP callback method is not enough in this case)
- or thread safety, ie. a guarantee that you can call getObjVal() at any time from another thread

From what I understand, neither option is available. Is there a plan to have either of them implemented in the future ?

Regards,

-Patrick
www.ateji.com