Re: [Help-glpk] GLPK GUI

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] GLPK GUI
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 16:45:24 +0300

> We were thinking about making a GLPK version of our linear programming
> GUI, but we #39;re stuck because of missing API features.

> Suppose you want to display a graph with the current objective value,
> then you need either:
> - a callback that is called regularly during simplex, so that you can
> call getObjVal() at appropriate times (the MIP callback method is not
> enough in this case)
> - or thread safety, ie. a guarantee that you can call getObjVal() at any
> time from another thread

> From what I understand, neither option is available. Is there a plan
> to have either of them implemented in the future ?

In principle, it is possible to add a feature to call the user-defined
routine from the simplex solver for monitoring purposes. However, such
feature would be very limited providing only the same info which
normally is sent to the terminal (iteration number, objective value,
and the sum of infeasibilities).