[Help-glpk] Re: glpk 4.34 release information

From: Luiz M. M. Bettoni
Subject: [Help-glpk] Re: glpk 4.34 release information
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 00:48:21 +0300

First, thanks for the pre-build pdf documentation - very useful for all,
and a "save time" procedure for new users.

Second, about GLPK builds. Under Windows, I've started building GLPK with
DevC++, but it's outdated (no updates since Oct 10 2005). So, why not use
directly MinGW, the most widely used port of GCC for windows? For the
latest version of MinGW (5.1.4 - Apr 26 2008), "Build_GLPK_with_MinGW.bat"
will be (based on the DevCPP bat):

 rem Build GLPK with MinGW

 rem NOTE: Make sure that HOME variable specifies correct path.
 set HOME=C:\MinGW

 set PATH=%HOME%\bin;%HOME%\libexec\gcc\mingw32\3.4.5;%PATH%
 copy config_Dev config.h
 %HOME%\bin\mingw32-make.exe -f Makefile_Dev
 %HOME%\bin\mingw32-make.exe -f Makefile_Dev check

 pause

Maybe it can look like minor stupid changes (i made this changes to build
every GLPK release), but add a way to build GLPK directly from MinGW can
be very useful for newbies.

Third, i'm working with GMPL models calling glpsol.exe under a custom IDE
build from SciTE for Windows. Someone has interest? I can public the
source or pre-build versions if so. The interface is in English, but i
need some help to translate the quick-start doc from Brazilian Portuguese.
Andrew, some restriction or recommendation to distribute it with a
pre-build glpk bin?

Bettoni