Re: [Help-glpk] Trouble installing GLPKMEX

From: Benjamin Webber
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Trouble installing GLPKMEX
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 12:45:37 -0400

Andrew,

Thank you so much for your help. I recompiled GLPK from source with the -fPIC flag and it installed perfectly. Apparently the -fPIC flag was removed in the most recent release of a compiled Ubuntu 64-bit version.

Again, thanks to you and everyone for your help.

Regards,

Ben

Andrew Makhorin wrote:
I made those changes to the glpkcc.cpp file and thankfully it
successfully compiled. How would I go about linking it to the library, now? Is this a question for Nicolo?

No, the linking error is not related to glpk and glpkmex.

You might try to build glpk from the source distribution, or specify
-fPIC as the linker suggests. The error is platform specific.