[Help-glpk] how to defne an array (something like pointer to pointer in

From: Maryam Ahmadi
Subject: [Help-glpk] how to defne an array (something like pointer to pointer in C)
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 12:52:14 +0430

Dear All,

I am new to glpk and MathProg. I am trying to model a problem in glpk
and solve it. The problem is that I don’t know how should I define the
following :
We have E[i] for each i that is member of N :
N is a set that contains A B C D E,
So, we have E[A], E[B], E[C], E[D], E[E]
The value for each of these members is as follows, for example:
E[A]:= AB
E[B] := AB     BC
E[C] := BC CD
E[D] := CD DE
E[E] := DE
The problem is that I don’t know how to define E with the above specifications!

I have tested the followings and it didn’t work:
1)
param E:=
A AB;
B AB BC
C BC CD
D CD DE
E DE;

2)
param E :
if i==A
        then AB
else if i==B
        then AB BC
else if i==C
        then BC CD
else if i==D
        then CD DE
else if i==E
        then DE;
3)
set EA;         /*set of edges connected to node A*/
set EB;         /*set of edges connected to node B*/
set EC;         /*set of edges connected to node C*/
set ED;         /*set of edges connected to node D*/
set EE;         /*set of edges connected to node E*/
 set EA := AB;
set EB := AB BC;
set EC := BC CD;
set ED := CD DE;
set EE := DE;

and also we have:
u can be AB BC CD DE
and after defining the E, I have to check something like this:
for each I in N, for each u that is in E[i] ….some condition……

I really don’t know how should I solve this problem,how to define E,
and it is very essential to solve this problem..
Please do me a favor and help!
Many thanks in advance.
Regards