Re: [Help-glpk] GLPK compiling

From: xypron
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] GLPK compiling
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 10:45:31 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Hussin,

>> I need to know how to " Compile and use GLPK 4.38 under
>> Microsoft Visual studio 2005 and Visual C++ 2008 Express" , step by step.

these are the steps for compilation with Microsoft Visual Express C++ 2008:

Install Microsoft Visual Express C++ 2008
Install the Windows SDK for Windows Server 2008
Both can be obtained free of charge from Microsoft.

Untar ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/glpk-4.38.tar.gz

For 32 bit Windows
glpk-4.38\w32\Build_GLPK_with_VC9_DLL.bat
has to be executed, if you want glpsol.exe and a separate dll.
Please, check that the variable HOME set in the batch file points to the
installation path for Microsoft Visual Express C++.

For 64 bit Windows
glpk-4.38\w64\Build_GLPK_with_VC9_DLL.bat
has to be executed.

Batch files Build_GLPK_with_VC9.bat are provided to compile
glpsol without a dll. The dll is needed if you want to program your own
C programs using the GLPK API.

The dll and glpsol.exe can be found in the w32 or w64 directory after
completing the build process.

When executing glpsol.exe from a console window the dll hast to be in the
path. You could copy the dll to the system32 directory of Windows.

The same batch files work fine with Visual Studio 2003 and should work
with Visual Studio 2005.

Best regards

Xypron