Re: [Help-glpk] Need help on interval planning constraint - Basic Bar an

From: Noli Sicad
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Need help on interval planning constraint - Basic Bar and Line Graphs (GNU Plot) in GLPK/MathProg
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 11:16:46 +0700

On 12/21/09, Yingjie Lan <address@hidden> wrote:
> Jeff,
>
> I like the graph (2d and 3d) features in enthought, and the traits thing.
> Hope somebody could help integrate pyglpk into enthought -- this is the
> magic of open source after all.
>
> Yingjie

I think it would be better to implement basic bar and line graphs
similar to GNU Plot syntax or better in GLPK/MathProg.

GAMS is using GNU Plot for graphic (not so good syntax in GAMS, pure
GNU Plot syntax is better)
http://www.uni-hamburg.de/Wiss/FB/15/Sustainability/schneider/gnuplot/

GNU Plot has good syntax but no so good in reading csv or dbf files

Probably, a basic 2D (Bar and Line Graphs) in MathProg would be really
good. This would make MathProg a complete tool for simulation and
optimisation modelling.

Right now, I am using Python Matlibplot (i.e. plotfiles) for plotting
csv file generated by MathProg. Hence, I asked for inclusion of python
for GUSEK for this purpose

http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/examples/pylab_examples/plotfile_demo.html

Thanks, Noli

I have been using plotlines in math