Re: [Help-glpk] Need help on interval planning constraint - Basic Bar an

From: Noli Sicad
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Need help on interval planning constraint - Basic Bar and Line Graphs (GNU Plot) in GLPK/MathProg
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 05:03:03 +0700

On 12/22/09, Nigel Galloway <address@hidden> wrote:

> When your model is quick to execute then this would be a convinience. If
> your model takes several mins to run and you decide a different format is
> required for your graph to be clear then it could be annoying having to run
> the model again. Saving your result and pasting them into an Excel
> spreadsheet, then using its excellent graphic abilities is a good solution.

The models that I am trying to develop and run have a lot of indexes
from 3 to 6 sets, or more. Forest Management models have thousands of
variables and constraints. It is multiperiod model from 1 to 100 year
time period. It is even hard to interpret the result in glance without
creating graphs. The constraints are non-declining yield, no death in
the plantation, etc. The results needs to be formatted in various
forms for the graphs and output as csv files. I have to run the model
several times to get a realistic outcome.

I am trying to mimic this software - Spatial Woodstock
 http://www.remsoft.com/forestrySoftware.php

One features of this software are:

* easy to model - themes - set or indexes, I have developed a model
with 10 indexes using this software

* read dbf file or shapefiles for the area (I have done this in
MathProg already)

* creates interactive graphs for easy interpretation of the run.

* expensive - > $25, 0000 for suite initial license - Not my liking
:-). Company pays for this license.

The woodstock model runs in minutes to 1 hour depending on the size of
the model. I have not yet replicated my woodstock model to
GLPK/MathProg yet.

Graphing in Excel is not option while running this big model. Takes a
lot of time to do the graphs in Excel.

I am trying to configure GUSEK to run GNU Plot. I started tweaking /
creating gnuplot.properties for GUSEK and learning GNU Plot. I asked
Luis for help and sent a copy of the draft gnuplot.properties. I think
GUSEK can run GNU Plot

Noli