Re: [Help-glpk] GLPK as a C library for large number of inputs

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] GLPK as a C library for large number of inputs
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 15:18:21 +0300

> I want to use GLPK as a C library for mixed integer programming, I
> already read 2 first chapters of the manual but I am wondering how can
> I use it for a problem with large number of constraints, Is there any
> way to do that?

There are two ways. If you only need to solve a mip instance, you can
write it in the MathProg modeling language (a subset of AMPL) or in the
mps or cplex lp format and then use glpsol, the glpk stand-alone
command-line solver. Reading the glpk reference manual is mainly needed
if you want to develop an application program using glpk api.