Re: [Help-glpk] GLPK as a C library for large number of inputs

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] GLPK as a C library for large number of inputs
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 16:02:14 +0300

> The only reason , I am reading the manual is I am writing a code in C++
> which should solve an MIP problem,Then if I understood you correctly, I
> can not use the way described in manual I have to save my data in order
> to feed GLPK in AMPL or cplex lp format, right?

I mean that if you have a particular mip instance and need to find
its optimal solution, there is not much sense to write a program in
C/C++. It is sufficient (and more convenient) to write your instance
either in MathProg or in cplex lp or mps format and then solve it with
glpsol. If you have never used glpsol and MathProg, I would suggest
you to read the following three introductory articles:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-glpk1/
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-glpk2/
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-glpk3/