[Help-glpk] Re: Random number seed

From: glpk xypron
Subject: [Help-glpk] Re: Random number seed
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 08:44:28 +0200

Hello Jeffrey,

you are right, the option is:

  --seed value      initialize pseudo-random number generator used in
                     MathProg model with specified seed (any integer);
                     if seed value is ?, some random seed will be used

AMPL allows the following:
comand line argument -sN where N is the seed
AMPL command 'option randseed n;' where n is the seed

It would be helpful for testing models with different random values
to add the following syntax to GMPL:

option randseed <numerical expression>;
E.g.
option randseed gmtime();