Re: [Help-glpk] warm start with glpk

From: glpk xypron
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] warm start with glpk
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 22:12:42 +0200

Hello Richard,

> I want to solve a first time my problem, and then I would like to modify
> only one item ( an objective coefficient or a bound value ), and solving
> again the problem in "warm start",  I mean by using the basis previously found
> on first solving without solving problem again

Please, read the chapter "LP basis constructing routines" of
doc/glpk.pdf in the source release available at
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/glpk/glpk-4.44.tar.gz

When calling the simplex algorithm with glp_simplex() you
either specify that the presolver is to be used or call it
with valid basis. To create such a basis you can use the
LP basis constructing routines.

glp_simplex() can only do warm starts when the presolver
is switched off.

> I've found the routine lpx_warms_up which looks like but it's not exactly
> what I need.
All functions starting with lpx_ except lpx_check_kkt() are
deprecated or for internal use only. Please, rely on the functions
documented in doc/glpk.pdf.

Best regards

Xypron

-------- Original-Nachricht --------