Re: [Help-glpk] CSV output?

From: Kevin Hunter
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] CSV output?
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 20:11:23 -0600

At 7:53pm -0600 Sun, 25 Jul 2010, Noli Sicad wrote:
You can use LPSolve IDE to convert your LP model format into MathProg
format, then add the solve and csv output to the converted MathProg.
However, You can't solve the model with csv output in LPSOLVE_IDE. (
google LPSOLVE IDE, download and install)

This solution won't work for me for a couple of reasons:

1. I'm not using just Windows.  (Linux, FreeBSD, Mac, and Windows).

2. The bigger issue is that my models are not set in stone. They are created by my users, and I programmatically convert them to LP format, to be solved by any solver they happen to have installed in their setup. Any manual editing or conversion of a model is a no-go.

LPSolve IDE xli mathprog does not support tables. So you need to copy
the converted back to Gusek IDE or use glpsol to solve the convert
mathprog model with added csv output for the results.

Again, any IDE or GUI is a no-go. As far as my users are concerned, this has to be done automagically. I'm guessing from your answers that there is currently no programmatic way to do what I need.

Having looked through the GLPK code, I have a pretty good idea of what needs to be done. (That's a kudos to the cleanliness of the GLPK code, by the way!) As I mentioned before, I'm happy to code a patch. However, if the developers are dead-set against it, it's a waste of my time to code it up. Would a CSV patch be welcomed by the GLPK devs?

Kevin