Re: [Help-glpk] CSV output?

From: Luiz M. M. Bettoni
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] CSV output?
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 09:50:16 -0300

Hi, Kevin

Another way is save the solution from the CPLEX LP model (using -w) and then run a GMPL model that read this solution (using -r) asd post-process it (using tables, SQL or printf statements). By the way, i guess that the LP and GMPL variables must match (i've used something like that, but is too much specific way), and i'ts not easy at all.

Your requirements sounds like a way to "redesign the glpsol output file as csv", and then the patch (as Noli suggested) appear to be more general (can be applied to any format - lp, mps, gmpl, dimacs) and friendly solution.

Hugs,
Luiz

 Kevin Hunter, em -10-01--28163 16:59:

I'm attempting to programmatically parse the solution output from GLPK. From what I currently see, there's no way to unambiguously parse the output because of a lack of delimiters. The only "mostly correct" way that I see is to use column indices. The problem with this is if the value exceeds the column width, parsing gets much more difficult.