Re: [Help-glpk] minimising after maximising

From: Michael Hennebry
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] minimising after maximising
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2011 20:24:37 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 5 Jun 2011, Nick Farrell wrote:

I'm pretty new to linear programming and would like a quick tip.

In the script below, what I *want* to happen is that I first choose the
worst (ie: max) of x[p] and 3, and then solve for the minimum sum of these
values.

z[j]>=x[j]
z[j]>=3

ie: I would like z to look like: {1, 2, 3, 3, 3} and then to minimise on the
sum of these.

min SUM z[j]

Michael   address@hidden
"Pessimist: The glass is half empty.