Re: [Help-glpk] minimising after maximising

From: Nick Farrell
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] minimising after maximising
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 12:45:55 +1000

Wouldn't that mean that z[] was always >= 3?

I want z[j] to be x[j] if x[j] < 3, 3 otherwise.

Thanks anyway.

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 11:24 AM, Michael Hennebry <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sun, 5 Jun 2011, Nick Farrell wrote:

I'm pretty new to linear programming and would like a quick tip.

In the script below, what I *want* to happen is that I first choose the
worst (ie: max) of x[p] and 3, and then solve for the minimum sum of these
values.

z[j]>=x[j]
z[j]>=3

ie: I would like z to look like: {1, 2, 3, 3, 3} and then to minimise on the
sum of these.

min SUM z[j]

Michael   address@hidden
"Pessimist: The glass is half empty.
Optimist:   The glass is half full.
Engineer:   The glass is twice as big as it needs to be."