Re: [Help-glpk] GLPK on Android

From: Heinrich Schuchardt
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] GLPK on Android
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 20:07:10 +0100

Hello Joey,

thank you for your great app.

I started a stub in the GLPK wikibook:
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GLPK/Android_app
Maybe you want to add some more text and a screen shot.

Please, add the text of the GPL v3 license to make it clear how your coding can be used.

I recognized that you created a wrapper with SWIG. But I could not find the SWIG file with which you generated my_wrap.c and glpk_android_wrap.c in the github repository. Why did you add both C-files? Which one is used?

In GLPK for Java (http://glpk-java.sf.net) I added some coding to catch errors which may occur while calling the native library. I suggest to add such error handling also to the app.

Is there something that should be changed in GLPK for Java to make it more suitable for building your Android app?

Allowing to use the GMPL language instead of the LP format in the app would be logical next step. In GLPK for Java you will find file examples/java/GmplSwing.java which could serve as a starting point.

Adding some example files and a GMPL cheatsheet would also be helpful.

Best regards

Heinrich Schuchardt