[Help-glpk] Asking help on an issue of solving via glpk

From: ΤΑΣΣΟΠΟΥΛΟΣ ΙΩΑΝΝΗΣ
Subject: [Help-glpk] Asking help on an issue of solving via glpk
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2016 21:58:46 +0200

Hi everybody,
I would like to ask a rather simple question, at least for the Gurus of GLPK.
I have a very large and difficult optimization problem to solve. GLPK works for days and still it does not find any solution. On the other hand, I have manage to get a good solution (which I do not know if it is optimal or just near optimal, instead) using Computational Intelligence heuristics. The question is : is it possible to "feed" GLPK with this solution and force GLPK to use this solution as a starting point for further searching process? If I can do so, I hope that GLPK would be helped to find at least a better solution compared with that found using heuristics, even if it is not optimal.
Please, note that I use Mathprog language and the terminal to run GLPK (command prompt). Nevertheless, being beginner with the capabilities of GLPK, I would appreciate a detailed answer with analytical description of steps I have to follow in order to achieve the above mentioned goal.
Thanks for your time and for any possible answer.