Re: [Help-glpk] Asking help on an issue of solving via glpk

From: john tass
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Asking help on an issue of solving via glpk
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2016 00:11:15 +0200

Thanks a lot to all of them who answered my question.
Should I suppose that the answer to my question is negative, i.e. it is not possible to force GLPK to start searching from a particular point?
For your information, my project concerns the school timetabling problem. As I mentioned in my previous mail, I got a solution provided by Particle Swarm Optimization, but I do not know if this solution is optimal or not.
Any way, I found your answers very helpful. What I wrote in command prompt was :
glpsol --cuts --pcost --math my_model.mod --data my_data.dat --proxy 200 --mir --mipgap 0.2
The results were good and produced fast.
Nevertheless, I mast say that I have no idea about what --cuts, --pcost, --proxy, --mir and --mipgap 0.2 mean or stand for.
Could any one inform me in a few words about the meaning of all these? Or better, is there any text explaining all these?
Please note that the asked information is very crucial to me, as I shall be in a position to explain the way or the method I followed in order to discover these better solutions, compared with those found by Particle Swarm optimization.
Thanks for one more time

Hi  Johannes,

Try to use the proximity option and mipgap option as well, as
mentioned by Heinrich.

For example,

glpsol --math yourMIP_mathprog_model.mod --proxy 200 --mir --mipgap 0.2

Note: 200 in the example above is in seconds.

Reggards, Noli