Re: HELP: Reading table from CSV

From: Heinrich Schuchardt
Subject: Re: HELP: Reading table from CSV
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2020 14:54:55 +0100

On 12/5/20 2:11 PM, Manuel Castro wrote:
Hi all,

First, I would like to thank you for the constant support as you have
always addressed my questions very promptly.
Second, I would like to ask you a question as I am really stuck on this one.

I have defined the following in the code:
set LoadsCount;
set PeriodsCount;
param LoadPowerProfile{i in LoadsCount, j in PeriodsCount};

For the sake of discussion let's assume that "LoadsCount" is 1..100 and
"PeriodsCount" is 1..8760 (i.e. hourly values through the year).
I now want to fill in my array "LoadPowerProfile" with values. For that
I have the following table in CSV (of course this is a stylized table
just for you to understand what I am up to).

With the GLPK you cannot read cross-tabulated CSV files.

You should create a table where you have separate columns for load,
hour, value.

Load,Hour,Value
1,0,3.4
1,1,5.7
100,8760,6.7

Best regards

Heinrich

Load
        1
        2
        (…)
        8760
Load1
        11.98
        62.51

        99.69
Load2
        86.39
        59.50

        25.89
(...)

Load100
        67.98
        98.71

        31.19

How do I read the yellow shaded area into my "LoadPowerProfile" array? I
would be thankful if you could give me an example of the statement i
should use to read this into "LoadPowerProfile" array.

Many thanks in advance for all your support.

Kind regards,
Manuel.