[Fwd: Discussion on GLPK]

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: [Fwd: Discussion on GLPK]
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2022 14:20:11 +0300

-------- Forwarded Message --------

Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2022 10:00:54 +0800
Subject: Discussion on GLPK
To: help-glpk@gnu.org
From: jimingyue <20s103192@stu.hit.edu.cn>

Dear developer,

Hope you are well!

Recently, I use GLPK to solve a LP problem in my graduation project. My coefficient matrix is very large so that there is a bug “glp_load_matrix: ne=1889848940; too many constraint coefficients”. I google this hint and find GLPK requires the size of coefficient matrix is less than 500000000.  So I have two questions as follows,

1.     Why the size is required less than 500000000?

2.     If I cannot limit the size within 500000000, is there some way to solve my LP problem using GLPK? If the answer is yes, do I need to modify any code? ? If the answer is no, could you give me some advices to solve my problem?

Looking forward to your reply!

Really appreciate your help!

Best regards,

Mingyue Ji