Re: gnats compiling error

From: Gerald Pfeifer
Subject: Re: gnats compiling error
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 01:20:42 +0100 (CET)

On 11 Mar 2001, Milan Zamazal wrote:
> I don't have access to the standard and gcc 2.95.3 (which I use)
> compiles the file without any complaints so could someone provide
> me more details about that thing please?

ISO C specififes a minimum string length that a conforming compiler must
be able to process. This is a lower bound and a decent compiler will not
have such a low limit, but to be an the safe side, current snapshots of
GCC and thus also GCC 3.0 (will) warn about strings exceeding this length.

> Is it sufficient to simply split the long string into several strings
> via string concatenation

No, I don't think so, for the result will be one big string.

Gerald
--
Gerald "Jerry" address@hidden http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/