Re: gnats compiling error

From: Milan Zamazal
Subject: Re: gnats compiling error
Date: 13 Mar 2001 21:18:41 +0100

    >> Is it sufficient to simply split the long string into several
    >> strings via string concatenation
    >>
    >> "..." "..." "..." "..."

    GP> No, I don't think so, for the result will be one big string.

Could someone please actually try it with the new gcc?  I can imagine
the ISO requirement only concerns contingent limited buffer size for
reading a lexical element enclosed by two double quotes.  I'd like to be
sure before doing the incredibly stupid thing of constructing the usage
description string in run time.

Thanks,

Milan Zamazal

--
Omigod, it's a flame war about a flame war.  You know, a meta-flame war!
                                                 Kenny Tilton in comp.lang.lisp