Re: send-pr broken

From: Yngve Svendsen
Subject: Re: send-pr broken
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 22:41:56 +0100

I snooped through the send-pr code and found this snippet:

# Configuration file to be read.  It must be a shell script that can redefine
# the variables above to fit a local configuration.
CONFIGFILE=/usr/local/etc/gnats/send-pr.conf

if [ -r $CONFIGFILE ]; then
  . $CONFIGFILE
fi

It looks like send-pr is looking for a file named "send-pr.conf".  This
is not included in the gnats distribution.  I don't see any documentation
on it anywhere.

I went through the process of installing Gnats 4 from CVS in order to check the docs, and you have found exactly the same as I - the documentation is far from up-to-date. Besides, a standard send-pr.conf file should definitely be created. I have created a GNATS report about this on sources.redhat.com, so this has been recorded. Development on version 4 is proceding, but slowly (hint hint), so fixing these things may take some time.

I ended up using somthing like the following. It's been a couple of weeks since I did the install, but I think this is exactly the same as we had in our v3 config:

GNATS_ADDR="address@hidden"
GNATS_ADMIN="address@hidden"
GNATS_SITE="xxxxxxxxxx"
SUBMITTER="xxxxxxxxxx"
DEFAULT_ORGANIZATION="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
DEFAULT_RELEASE="<prompt>"
NOTIFY=0
ACKNOWLEDGE=0
DEFAULT_SUBMITTER="xxxxxxxxxxx"
KEEP_RECEIVED_HEADERS=1
BDAY_START=8
BDAY_END=16
BWEEK_START=1
BWEEK_END=5
DEBUG_MODE=0

If only I could find the time, I'd clean up my installation notes and make some preliminary docs available. Maybe later this week.

Yngve Svendsen
IS Engineer
Clustra AS, Trondheim, Norway