Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: how to install gnatsweb???

From: Yngve Svendsen
Subject: Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: how to install gnatsweb???
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 11:57:15 +0100

At 10:27 20.03.2001 +0100, address@hidden wrote:

Hmm, I forgot about emacs and the command line tools, since I have stopped
using them long time ago.
It would probably be a lot of work to to fully support mime in the emacs
mode and the command line.
I have another suggestion: don't include the attachments in the pr.
Why not simply store them along with the pr and make the attachment
directory read/write accessible to the web server?
The attachments could then be extracted by gnatsweb and replaced by URLs to
the files on the web server.
The URL's could then be replaced by hrefs when presented through gnatsweb
to the user.
And most email clients convert http://... text into clickable URLs anyway.

comments?

Yes, that sounds like a workable solution. And we definitely need to store the attachments somewhere else - just the other day, a customer sent us a .8 Gb log file!

- Yngve