Re: Thoughts on gnatsweb

From: Yngve Svendsen
Subject: Re: Thoughts on gnatsweb
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 11:54:15 +0100

At 08:17 20.03.2001 +0100, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> I think this problem could be solved using some kind of navigation bar
> that would show up even on the query page.  I think it would be
> sufficient to have buttons going to `main page', `query', and
> `advanced query'.

Yes, having something like that seems to make a lot of sense. Are you
sufficiently annoyed/motivated to supply a patch? :-)

Isn't this what the callback functionality in Gnatsweb is meant for? I seem to remember that the example gnatsweb-site-sente.pl shipping with Gnats 3.113 adds some kind of button bars. Mind you, that is just from looking at the source code, I haven't tried it.

But I would agree that button bars should be implemented in the main Gnatsweb script, since they would be useful for all sites that I could think of.

> A while back I reported some problems involving using Gnatsweb on two
> databases on the same host at the same time.  I haven't tried this
> lately, so I don't know if these problems are fixed.  I imagine that I
> sent them to address@hidden  Does anybody know if anything has
> changed here?

Hm. I can't see any posting related to that in the archives?

- Yngve