Re: Thoughts on gnatsweb

From: Gerald Pfeifer
Subject: Re: Thoughts on gnatsweb
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 08:17:29 +0100 (CET)

On 10 Feb 2001, Tom Tromey wrote:
> My next problem with gnatsweb is that I tend to like to go to a
> particular query result page and do my work from there.  Unfortunately
> this is not entirely doable because there is no way to create a new PR
> from the query page.  In fact, if you save a link to your stored query
> (so you can jump directly to it without intervening steps) then you
> have no way to go from the query page back to the main page or
> anyplace else.

Good point.

> I think this problem could be solved using some kind of navigation bar
> that would show up even on the query page.  I think it would be
> sufficient to have buttons going to `main page', `query', and
> `advanced query'.

Yes, having something like that seems to make a lot of sense. Are you
sufficiently annoyed/motivated to supply a patch? :-)

> A while back I reported some problems involving using Gnatsweb on two
> databases on the same host at the same time.  I haven't tried this
> lately, so I don't know if these problems are fixed.  I imagine that I
> sent them to address@hidden  Does anybody know if anything has
> changed here?

Dunno, unfortunately. One problem with "your" setup on
gcc.gnu.org/sources.redhat.com is that we're using an older version of
gnatsweb with patches backported by me from the current CVS version, as
GNATS 3.x and 4.x are not compatible and we're running 3.x on that box.

As soon as 4.x is approaching release quality, I'd suggest to upgrade
the GNATS installation to (then) current CVS sources which will allow
us to use a current version of gnatsweb as well -- thus also providing
an excellent test platform for gnatsweb itself.

Gerald
--
Gerald "Jerry" address@hidden http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/