Re: how to install gnatsweb???

From: Wes Barris
Subject: Re: how to install gnatsweb???
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 12:36:03 -0600

On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 06:05:49PM +0100, Yngve Svendsen wrote:
> At 17:40 19.03.2001 +0100, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> >I may be wrong, but is gnatsweb-2.7beta compatible with GNATS 3.x?
> >
> >My recommendation would be to try using both GNATS and gnatsweb from
> >current CVS.
> >
> >(I have to admit that I've never done the `make test' thingie, as all
> >gnatsweb installations I'm using are historical. We definitely need
> >further people to contribute to gnatsweb. If you make any progress,
> >please send patches to update the documentation!)
>
> 2.7 beta works perfectly well with GNATS 3.x
>
> Wes Barris <address@hidden> wrote:
> >5) make test USERNAME=anon PASSWORD=pw DATABASE=db_alias
>
> db_alias is the primary name or one of the alias names of your database, as
> specified in gnats-db.conf, and specifying that correctly should help.

I don't have a gnats-db.conf file.  At least I can't find one
anywhere.  Is the install procedure of gnats supposed to make one?
I made categories (using mkcat).  The gnats commands send-pr and
query-pr appear to work.  Does that imply that I do have a gnats-db.conf
file somewhere?

I see no mention of this file in the README file in the
gnats-3.113.tar.gz file.  Nothing is said about it in the gnats
manual found here: http://sources.redhat.com/gnats/3_113_manual/
Is everyone else following different instructions???  Where are
they?

> Hope this helps,
>
> Yngve Svendsen
> IS Engineer
> Clustra AS, Trondheim, Norway
> address@hidden

Wes Barris                                            address@hidden
Network Computing Services, Inc.                           612.626.8090
Today's fortune: It is easier to fight for one's principles than to
live up to them.