how to install gnatsweb???

From: Wes Barris
Subject: how to install gnatsweb???
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 10:20:59 -0600

Hello,

I need some help installing gnatsweb.  I am trying to do this on a
new Redhat 7 (Linux) system.  I have tried installing gnats via rpm
(the prefered method), cvs (as described on
http://sources.redhat.com/gnats/), and finally, building manually (using
configure, make, etc.).  It seems that gnats itself is working.  I can
use either send-pr or query-pr and all is well.

I can't get gnatsweb-2.7beta to work with any of these installations.
It can't be that hard.  Others use it, right?  The INSTALL file that
comes with gnatsweb says:

1) install gnatsd -- Done.

2) configure host access -- Done.

3) gnats/web servers on same hose -- Skip.

4) line 1 of gnatsweb.pl -- Done.

5) make test USERNAME=anon PASSWORD=pw DATABASE=db_alias

What is the "db_alias"?  This is the first I have seen it mentioned.
Here is what I tried:

address@hidden make test USERNAME=wes PASSWORD=test DATABASE=gnats-adm
perl test.pl

<H1>Software error:</H1>
<PRE>Can't call method &quot;header&quot; on an undefined value at gnatsweb.pl
line 2117, &lt;SOCK&gt; line 1.
</PRE>
<P>
For help, please send mail to this site's webmaster, giving this error message
and the time and date of the error.

[Mon Mar 19 10:13:54 2001] test.pl: Can't call method "header" on an undefined
value at gnatsweb.pl line 2117, <SOCK> line 1.
connect...........................................FAIL
make: *** [test] Error 255
address@hidden

Would someone please please please tell me what I am missing?  Others
must get this error too.  I have followed all of the instructions
as far as I can tell.  What do others do to get gnatsweb to work???

When I try to access gnatsweb.pl from the web, it prompts me for
a username and password, but the database selection box is empty.
I have attached a very small gif showing what it looks like.

Wes Barris                                            address@hidden
Network Computing Services, Inc.                           612.626.8090
Today's fortune: It is easier to fight for one's principles than to
live up to them.