Announcing gnatsweb 2.8.1

From: Yngve Svendsen
Subject: Announcing gnatsweb 2.8.1
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 22:01:37 +0200

A new release of Gnatsweb is available for download.

The version number is 2.8.1, and as can be surmised from the small increase, this is a minor bug-fix release. The bugs fixed shouldn't affect too many people, but for those affected, the problems are serious enough.

Gnatsweb 2.x won't work with the upcoming Gnats 4. Versions working with Gnats 4 will have version numbers starting with a '4'. Patches and contributions for version 2.x are still welcome, even though no further releases are currently planned.

The Gnatsweb 2.8.1 distribution (59 kB) will be available from ftp.gnu.org in a short while. However, it is available immediately at
ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/gnats/contrib/gnatsweb-2.8.1.tar.gz

This site is very hard to get into, though, so I have set up an HTTP mirror at
http://www.yngve.com/gnatsweb/gnatsweb-2.8.1.tar.gz

This is the entry for 2.8.1 in the NEWS file of the distribution:

Current Version: 2.8.1
See the file ChangeLog for the details of all changes.

Changes from 2.8.0 to 2.8.1
* Redirect after submitting edits wasn't working on systems with a
  new CGI.pm. This has been fixed.
* We now let people search for PRs with category 'pending'.
* We no longer by default require JavaScript for the main menu to
  work.
* The INSTALL file now makes it abundantly clear that you need a
  gnats-db.conf file even if you have only a single database.

Yngve Svendsen
Gnatsweb maintainer