Re: gnatsd: Could not resolve database alias? (and suggestions)

From: Yngve Svendsen
Subject: Re: gnatsd: Could not resolve database alias? (and suggestions)
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 17:03:55 +0200

At 15:59 07.06.01 +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> Are you 100% sure that your /etc/gnats-db.conf file contains the line
> /home/gnats/gnats-db:Brainstorm

Nope :)  That worked.  I didn't even know about /etc/gnats-db.conf and
didn't see it in the online documentation.

Yes, this is not documented very well. Multiple-database support, together with the gnats-db.conf file was introduced into GNATS only a few versions ago, and I don't think much work has been done on the manual since then. I have however tried to be very clear about the necessity of having a gnats-db.conf file, even when you have only a single database, in the INSTALL file of the very recently released version 2.8.1 version of Gnatsweb.

- Yngve