GNATS & GNATSWEB: ticket dependency

From: Visintin Sabrina
Subject: GNATS & GNATSWEB: ticket dependency
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 10:24:45 +0100 (MET)

I would like first of all to tell you that I like the software very much.
What I could not find is a feature (I'm wondering if it exist, or if it is
foreseen in a future implementation) that we need: dependency between
tickets.

Let's say we have 3 PR's similar, of 3 different users;
all of them are blocked due to a different PR, let's say PR/6

What we would like is something like this:

in the first 3 the status should be "blocked depending on" resolution of
PR/6,
but later on, when PR/6 is closed, then the other 3 should become open
again automatically....

Can you help?
Thank you very much for your kind collaboration

Sabrina
*                             Sabrina Visintin                            *
*                       UNIX Systems & Network Adm.                       *
*      The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics       *
*                            Str. Costiera, 11                            *
*                         I-34014 Trieste (Italy)                         *
*  Phone:          +39-040-2240356      Telex:                   460392   *
*  Fax:             +39-040-224163      e-mail: address@hidden   *