Re: Q - Gnats 4.0-alpha quickies

From: Milan Zamazal
Subject: Re: Q - Gnats 4.0-alpha quickies
Date: 23 Dec 2001 17:31:58 +0100

    TF> Using Gnats 4.0-alpha (debian -> 3.99) & gnatsweb.pl v-1.78
    TF> (debian -> gnatsweb-3.beta99.2+cvs20011113.orig) on a Debian system;
    TF> we've noticed a few irretating things (possible bugs ?)

[...]

    TF> 2. Along the same lines as #1 - any time a PR is modified an email
    TF>     gets sent from,

    TF>      address@hidden

    TF>     We'd like to change that to say something useful in the "From"
    TF>     header field of the email.  Like,

    TF>      "MyDomain Bug Tracker" <address@hidden>

    TF>     Anyway to do that (did I miss a FAQ) ??

Unless Gnatsweb handles this itself, this can be configured in
`gnats-adm/dbconfig', see the corresponding GNATS manual entry for more
information.

[...]

    TF> 4. Using command-line gnats -- the following command simply produces
    TF>     a single empty line (instead of showing the PR's entire contents).

    TF>     query-pr -F      ##     (where ## is a valid PR number)
    TF>     query-pr --full  ##
    TF>     query-pr -f full ##

    TF>     Is this a known bug ?  Work-around ?

Strange, I've never seen this before, it looks like a bug.  Could you
please try to find out more about the problem?

Regards,

Milan Zamazal

--
When you're in a fight with an idiot, it's difficult for other people to tell
which one the idiot is.                       -- Bruce Perens in debian-devel